"Reasons why we must build an ongoing boycott campaign against the savage State of Israel:
If you agree, then come to the SPSC boycott action meetings
GLASGOW: tonight, Wed 21 Jan 7.30pm, Quaker Meeting House, Elmbank Cr.
EDINBURGH: Mon 26 Jan 7.30pm, Augustine Church, George IV Bridge
1. Boycott is beginning to bite
· French company Veolia has just lost a 3.5billion euro contract following intense debate about its involvement in the illegal Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank.
· Supermarket News reports this week that Israeli produce is lying un-bought on shelves.
· The Greek Government has closed its ports to Israeli arms shipments.
· Bolivia has joined Venezuela in expelling the Israeli Ambassador.
2. A savage war of annihilation, always
· "The Israeli Army has always struck civilian populations, purposely and consciously...purposely attacked civilian targets." Israel's top military analyst, Zeev Schiff.
· Israel has always been guilty of "wantonly inflicting every possible measure of death and anguish on civilian populations in a mood reminiscent of regimes which neither Mr.Begin nor I would dare to mention by name." Past Israeli Foreign Minister Abba Eban
· The Israeli military are threatening to repeat their actions on the people of Gaza if they resist Israeli plans.
(The harsh Israeli siege of Gaza – like any siege – is an act of war: Gazans have a right and a duty to retaliate in the face of this aggression.)
· Israel continues to shell Gaza today (Wed 21 Jan) from the sea, while bodies are still being recovered from the rubble. White phosphorous bombs and shells were poured into hospitals and other buildings, still smouldering.
· Norwegian Dr. Mads Gilbert in Gaza described an "All out war against the civilian population of Gaza." He estimated that half the casualties are women and children. The men are almost all civilians. Of the 1194 Gazans officially registered as killed in Israeli attacks from December 27 to January 17, only 95 were combatants, Palestinian Center for Human Rights reported on Sunday.
· Israel is engaged in a long war of annihilation against Palestinian society. (Israeli poet Yitzhak Laor)
3. A savage nation, its British and Arab allies
· Israel will continue to test new weapons systems on Palestinians to maintain its competitive edge in arms marketshttp://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl ... 28885.html
· “just as Europeans and North Americans looked the other way when the Nazis were perpetrating the Holocaust, the Arabs [regimes] are finding a way to do nothing as the Israelis slaughter Palestinian children." Beirut Star
· Israel’s biggest-selling newspaper put Ilan Pappe’s photo at the centre of a target. Beside it the words: "I'm not telling you to kill this person, but I shouldn't be surprised if someone did."
· Former Israeli Chief Rabbi Mordechai Eliyahu advocates carpet bombing of Gaza and rules that there is absolutely no moral prohibition against the indiscriminate killing of civilians.
· The Israeli pseudo-trade union, the racist Histadrut, has issued a statement saying ‘Israel had no choice but to respond [with] an act of justifiable self-defense’.
· Israelis watch the massacres in Gaza and dance in celebration. 90% support the killings
A war against Palestinian democracy
· Gazans and all Palestinians are still being punished for voting contrary to Israeli-US wishes.
· Gordon Brown has still not criticised Israel’s massacres.
Scottish PSC Lloyds TSB Protest
Saturday 24 January, 12noon-2pm, Lloyds TSB, Hanover Street, Edinburgh
See reports and pictures of actions around the country
EVENT 25 January 2009: Resistance to Genocide and Ethnic Cleaning: from Europe in the 1940s to the Middle East Today
Download Leaflet: Holocaust Memorial Event
Join Scottish PSC- we are all volunteers with no paid staff - or make a financial donation to help us continue campaigning work:
Send a cheque to:
Scottish Palestine Solidarity Campaign
or by Paypal on http://www.scottishpsc.org.uk
c/o Peace & Justice Centre
Edinburgh EH2 4BJ
Scottish Palestine Solidarity Campaignsecretary@scottishpsc.org.uk http://www.scottishpsc.org.uk
SPSC is affiliated to the Palestine Solidarity Campaign (UK) http://www.palestinecampaign.org